At the 14th edition of the popular game development event, aspiring and professional programmers, graphic artists, game and sound designers can once again give free rein to their creativity. During a single weekend in October, they will go through a game development process that usually takes months or even years. Accordingly, they can expect little sleep. To ensure that those who join the event in person can nevertheless deliver top creative performance, InnoGames will provide food and drinks. Those who shy away from the trip to Hamburg-Hammerbrook can instead participate online, either in whole or in part. Registration for the event is now open. Participation is, as always, free of charge.
At IGJAM #14, the main thing is to have fun! Jammers, for whom the idea of competition is in the foreground, will also get their money's worth, though: After the end of the jam, all participants will have the opportunity to play and evaluate all games developed. The winners will then be announced promptly on the IGJAM website www.igjam.eu and via InnoGames' social media channels. The rights to the further exploitation of all games developed during the Jam remain with the respective teams.
"After a long pandemic break, we were finally able to host our own game jam again last year with IGJAM #13 - and were immediately on fire again for this beautiful InnoGames tradition. We are excited to see what the jammers will surprise us with at IGJAM #14," commented Hendrik Rakemann, Software Developer and Game Jam Project Lead.
The InnoGames Game Jam #14 at a glance:
- Location: Either online or on-site at the InnoGames office (Friesenstrasse 13, 20097 Hamburg).
- Date: 10/06 - 10/08/2023
- Check-In on site: Friday 16:00
- Opening presentation for all participants: Friday 17:30
- End of the event: Sunday 19:00. Uploads must already be finished by 17:45
- Theme of the Game Jam: Will be announced to all participants during the opening presentation
- Cost of participation: None
- Registration (and more information): Available now at www.igjam.eu
- Participation requirements: Minimum age 18 years
- Participant limit: None (online) or 110 (on-site)
- Food & Drinks: Included for all on-site participants
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/vvnB4Jj4jC
- Social Media Hashtag: #IGJAM14
- Contact for questions: [email protected]
InnoGames is one of the leading German developers of mobile and browser games and a certified Great Place to Work®. The climate-neutral company based in Hamburg was founded in 2007 and is now part of Modern Times Group (MTG). Together with 350+ employees from over 40 nations, the company founders develop unique games that provide years of fun for millions of players around the world. InnoGames is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars, but the company is continually expanding its now 10-game portfolio across platforms and genres. The most recent additions were Rise of Cultures and Sunrise Village, which were launched in early 2022.