Game development in turbo mode: At the 13th InnoGames Game Jam, professional and amateur gaming enthusiasts of all skill levels will join forces to develop video games. From the idea to the design to the finished game - what can otherwise take months or even years happens here over a single weekend in November.
"We can't wait to finally host another InnoGames Game Jam. Anyone who hasn't stumbled across a budding game developer in a sleeping bag in the office on a Saturday afternoon or looked into a sea of tired but happy faces during the final game presentations on Sunday, will find it hard to comprehend what we have been missing. We are excited to see what great new games will emerge from the unique mix of innovation, collaboration, experimentation, and high time pressure that only a game jam can offer," explained Michael Zillmer, COO and Co-Founder of InnoGames.
At IGJAM #13, the focus is once again on fun - but developers looking for a competitive element will not be disappointed. At the end of the jam, everyone will have the opportunity to play and evaluate the games that have been created, with the winners promptly announced on both the IGJAM website www.igjam.eu and on InnoGames' social media channels. The rights to the games developed during the Jam remain with the respective teams.
The InnoGames Game Jam #13 at a glance:
- Location: Either online or on-site at the InnoGames headquarters (Friesenstrasse 13, 20097 Hamburg, Germany) - the choice is yours!
- Date: November 11-13, 2022
- On-site check-in: Friday 16:00 CET
- Opening presentation for all participants (on-site and online): 17:45 CET
- End of event: Sunday 18:00 CET
- Game Jam topic: Will be communicated to all participants during the opening presentation
- Costs: None
- Registration (and more information): Open/available now at www.igjam.eu
- Participation requirements: Must be 18 or older
- Participant limit: None (online), respectively 160 (on-site)
- Food & Drink: Included for all on-site participants
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/vvnB4Jj4jC
- Social Media Hashtag: #IGJAM13
- Contact for questions: [email protected]
Hamburg-based InnoGames is Germany's leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games and a certified Great Place to Work®. The climate-neutral company, which is part of Modern Times Group (MTG), was established in 2007 and is still run by its founders. Together with a 400+ strong team from over 40 nations, they create unique games that provide millions of players from around the world with years of fun. While InnoGames is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars, the company is continuously expanding its portfolio across genres and platforms. The most recent additions are Rise of Cultures and Sunrise Village, which saw successful commercial launches in early 2022.