The history of the Global Game Jam is a success story in the books: Already at the premiere in 2009, more than 1,500 game enthusiasts from over 20 countries took part. In 2022, there were already more than 33,000 from 100 countries, who together developed almost 6,000 games.
InnoGames has been organizing events as part of the Global Game Jam since 2013. The jams of the Hamburg-based game developer and publisher are regularly the largest of their kind in Germany and attract participants from inside and outside of the country, including many regulars.
After a three-year hiatus, InnoGames will open its office doors for the 9th in-house Global Game Jam from February 3-5, 2023. Those who shy away from traveling to Hamburg can, of course, participate online.
Michael Zillmer, COO and co-founder, comments: "In times like these, it is especially important that people around the globe come together and dedicate themselves to peaceful projects like game development. We are already looking forward to each and every participant rolling out their sleeping bag in our office or co-developing online. I wish everyone lots of fun and much success!"
Indeed, fun is once again the main focus at the 9th Global Game Jam @ InnoGames. However, Jammers who want to compete with others will also get their wish: After the end of the event, all participants will have the opportunity to play and rate the games they have developed. The winners will then be announced promptly on the IGJAM website www.igjam.eu and via InnoGames' social media channels. The rights to the further exploitation of all games developed during the Jam remain with the respective teams.
The 9th Global Game Jam @ InnoGames at a glance:
- Location: Either online or on-site at the InnoGames office (Friesenstrasse 13, 20097 Hamburg).
- Date: February 3 - 5, 2023
- Check-in on-site: Friday 16:00 CET
- Opening presentation for all participants: Friday 17:30 CET
- End: Sunday 17:45 CET (end of uploads) or 19:00 CET (end of the event)
- Theme of the Game Jam: Will be communicated to all participants during the opening presentation
- Cost: None
- Registration (and more information): Available now at www.igjam.eu
- Participation requirements: Minimum age 18 years
- Participant limit: None (online) or 115 (on-site)
- Meals: Included for all on-site participants
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/vvnB4Jj4jC
- Social Media Hashtag: #GGJ23 (general) or #GGJIG23 (event-specific)
- Contact for questions: [email protected]
Hamburg-based InnoGames is Germany's leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games and a certified Great Place to Work®. The climate-neutral company, which is part of Modern Times Group (MTG), was established in 2007 and is still run by its founders. Together with a 400+ strong team from over 40 nations, they create unique games that provide millions of players from around the world with years of fun. While InnoGames is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars, the company is continuously expanding its portfolio across genres and platforms. The most recent additions are Rise of Cultures and Sunrise Village, which saw successful commercial launches in early 2022.